Rajasthan is a unique state in India; You can find desert, mountain station, monuments, national parks and more, all in the same state. This is a state of vibrant emotion. Jaipur, the pink city of India is a place of cultural events. You can enjoy a lot of places of interest here, along with the culture.
Bikaner or the Thar desert is not something that should be overlooked, you can enjoy camel ride, romantic dinner in the desert sand on a moonlit night, enjoy the desert dunes and many other attractions.
Jodhpur is another place of architectural wonders.
Udaipur is a romantic city full of heritage, as you can find palaces, lakes and many other attractions as well. If you want something related to nature,
The Ranthambore National Park is the right place, you can enjoy jeep safari and observe some exotic animals like tiger.
Rajasthan does not need any introduction, when it comes to tourism and entertainment. If you are looking for a place with beauty, nature, wonders, emotion and uniqueness, you should visit Rajasthan .
In this article you can learn about all the activities that can be enjoyed in this spectacular place.
Travel within Rajasthan
Once they are inside Rajasthan; you do not need to worry about transportation. There are a lot of local means of transportation such as cars, trains and buses. If you are looking for long distances, for example from one city to another, cars are the best option, although there are buses that connect different destinations as well. Due to weather conditions, cars are recommended especially if you are visiting anywhere near the desert.
1. Things to do in Jaipur
Jaipur is accessible by road, rail and air transport. There is a large amount of transport thanks to the help of the Government. Once you are in Jaipur, there is a lot to see, do and enjoy. These are the main things to enjoy:
- The Amer Fort is an important destination. You must do two things in Fuerte Amer, firstly, take a balloon ride, and second, enjoy an elephant ride
- Even if you have no intention of buying, try to walk through the streets of Badi Chaupary Johari Bazaar take a look at the markets.
- Enjoy the sweets of Jaipur, in some local restaurants, this is an important activity for all lovers of cuisine.
2. Things to do in Bikaner
No matter where you are, try to start at Bikaner in the afternoon. Therefore, you should get there at sunset and the weather will be nice.
What should you do once you are in the desert?
- First, go on a camel safari safari and enjoy the trip full of depressions. It is better to do it during the starry night.
- Visit the temples of Jain and enjoy its architecture.
- Visit Junagarh for a cup of coffee.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner in the desert on a starry night.
- Visit the sand dunes.
- Fear at least one meal in one of the palace hotels to enjoy the real atmosphere, as well as the rich and wonderful cuisine.
3. Things to enjoy in Jodhpur
Jodhpur is about five hours from Bilkaner, it is in the heart of the state. Here are some of the best activities to do there:
- Have a panoramic view of the blue city from the top of the hills.
- Visit the Mehrangarh Fort during sunset and enjoy the blue city with the lights.
- Enjoy some local art galleries in Pukhraj Durry Udyog.
- Enjoy a candlelit dinner with authentic Rajasthani cuisine.
4. Things to do in Udaipur
Udaipur is about five hours from Jodhpur. There are a lot of different transportation options that you can choose from. Once you are in Udaipur, make sure you do not miss any of the activities listed below.
- By boat on Lake Pichola and enjoy the sunset. If you are on a romantic vacation, this is a must.
- Enjoy some places of interest related to art in Shilpgram.
- Visit Udaipur palaces and enjoy lunch at any Palace Hotel.
Also See: India Travel Packages
5. Things to do and see in Jaisalmer
If you are visiting the golden city of India you will discover the history behind the old walls and experience the beautiful culture of the desert state of Rajasthan. We have prepared a list of the best views and activities in Jaisalmer.
Camel rides on the sand dunes
A Safari through the desert is a cultural bonanza for any traveler who wants a taste of tradition in Rajasthan. Spend your night in the Thar desert while engaging in conversations with tribal communities. Enjoy a magical night with picturesque views at sunset.
Explore the spiritual heritage
can not miss the great lineage of the ancient Jain temples surrounding the ancient fortress in Jaisalmer. Witness a set of centuries-old sandstone monuments, with their floating towers and impressive sculptures.
Visit the old fort
the second oldest fort in Rajasthan, attracting travelers to learn about their amazing heritage. This sandstone fort that prides itself on Trikuta Hill is defended by 99 turrets inhabited by more than 4000 people.
Ghost town in Jaisalmer
If you are a curious explorer, you should include a visit to the ghost town of Kuldhara on your ‘to – really’ list. It can roam the sandstone ruins of an abandoned village, located 18 kilometers from Jaisalmer.
Admire the Gadisar Lake
Built in the 12th century, this beautiful basin was built to conserve water as a result of the admirable effort made by a king who imagined a prosperous life in the desert. Today it has become a popular place for tourists to enjoy a boat trip or participate in a birdwatching experience.
Visit the local market of Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer is a colorful city, with rich blend of culture and art, on the streets of Jaisalmer you will find a mix of mirror-worked skirts, hand embroidered jootis, pieces of silver jewelry and much more. Take puppets of bright colors home.
6. Things to enjoy in the Ranthambore National Park
If part of Udaipur, it would take seven hours to get to this park. Therefore, it is better to start very early to leave in the morning from Udaipur. This park is a natural treasure of the country that houses exotic fauna such as tiger and other native animals.
- The things to do in Ranthambore are very diverse, you can enjoy a lot of wildlife attraction in a jeep safari, and if you are planning to spend the night, there are some lodgings like cabins near the park.
- Ranthambore Fort is the landmark of the Ranthambore National Park. Located about 5kms inside the wildlife reserve, Ranthambore Fort is the wonder of the Chauhan dynasty. It is recognized by the UNESCO World Heritage Site that places it under the title ‘Forts of the hill of Rajasthan’.
- Bird watching in Ranthambore, it’s not just the big cats or the sought-after mammals, but Ranthambore is also very popular for its birds. Ranthambore habitat is rich in varied lands and bodies of water resulting in an excellent habitat for unique birds and animals. With more than 270 species of birds documented so far, one of the hot spots for bird watching is safe.
- Lake Padam, Jogi Mahal and the great Banyan Tree , this is the largest of the many lakes located in the park. A red sandstone Jogi Mahal can be found on the edge of the lake. A gigantic Banyan tree, considered to be the second largest in India, is also close to the lake.