India as a travel destination is a place for multiple purposes, from being a destination of pure relaxation, meeting spaces and inspiring monuments, immersing in their romance and philosophy of daily life, to be a place of desert or jungle adventures. The diversity of tourism in India is immense and we attribute that to the extensive territory of its nation and the antiquity of its places. That is why in the face of such an adventure it is essential to take time to think about the essentials before embarking on the journey.
A spectacular trip worth remembering all your life can be guaranteed with these essential data before traveling, which are divided into three aspects, such as:
- Right planning for travel.
- Preparation prior to the trip.
- Attitude to the unexpected
In these three aspects you can summarize the success of your trip. As also, you can prevent any inconvenience in the process of this.
1. Plan your trip ahead of time
One of the requirements that will determine your planning time is the processing of the documentation and its organization, so that this is not a mess when traveling is advisable to have it planned and verified. In addition to order it in strategic places at the time of storage. The first thing to do before planning is to verify the documents you already have and request the ones you do not have yet.
Your passport must be at least 6 months old. Checking this information in your passport is very important for your trip, since at airports (regardless of where you come from) it is imperative that your passport is valid for 6 months minimum from the date of travel. So if your passport has 6 (six) months left to expire (or is close to six months), it is best to renew it, especially if you plan to stay more than two months.
A complete itinerary with the best of the wonders of Asia can only be achieved by a professional agency such as Incredible Rural India, as it is distinguished by its vast tourist experience and its variety of packages, which can even be customized to your desired destinations and needs. Design your routes and book with us the destinations and estimated dates are essential and necessary to perform the following procedures, as is the case of “The visa application” , which require detailed information of dates, destinations and hotel reservations. The design of the itinerary and the reservations will not be any inconvenience for you, but it is always convenient to contact us in advance so that you can choose the best of our packages.
All the people who visit India need to be visaed. But quiet, the processing of this document is very easy, the government of India has designed an electronic way to request and obtain it (only for a maximum stay of 60 days) called “e-Visa”. On the other hand, if your travel plan is more than 60 days you can request “The regular visa” although its process requires more time and a few days, you can also request it online. Each visa has different times to process your request. A very important fact is that the visa must already have it accepted at least four days before your date of travel.
It is always better to prevent than to regret, that is why if the “Ministry of Foreign Affairs” of your country (or where you reside) has a traveler registration system, it is very convenient that you register and fill all the information requested regarding the trip you will do Usually this register works as a preventive measure against any problem or loss in the travel destination . In this way, the embassy of your country can provide you with full coverage by being informed of your visit to other countries.
India has the best hospital care, but many of its centers are private, which are usually very expensive and most of them are located in the main cities. So that the attention to any medical requirement is not a risk, it is best to have travel insurance before starting the adventure. Remember that “traveling without worries is the best option”.
Vaccination card: this is the other requirement that will take time of slack, since it takes minimum two weeks so that the vaccines begin to take effect in your body. As is the case of the yellow fevervaccine , which for this trip is imperatively mandatory, especially if you come from a country where this disease exists (an endemic country).
Or as in the case of hepatitis that are several doses between months. To get vaccinations and obtain certification you must go to the international vaccination center in your country, or to a clinic depending on the information and prescriptions given by the embassy or the specialized vaccination center. In the same way, we leave you information of the necessary vaccines to travel to India according to; “The Spanish Association of Vacunology”
- Mandatory vaccines : Yellow fever (if it comes from an endemic country).
- Vaccines generally recommended : Tetanus-Diphtheria / Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis, Triple Viral, Hepatitis A, and Typhoid Fever.
- Vaccines recommended in special situations : Hepatitis B, Poliomyelitis, Japanese Encephalitis, Cholera, Rabies, Flu, and Pneumococcal.
Credit and debit cards:
Traveling to India and not buying at least a pair of sari or a pashmina is super impossible. Since the crafts, clothing, food and attractions are some of the greatest temptations you will have to visit this exotic place. Although most of these pleasures are paid in cash (mostly Rupees), it is very convenient to carry the credit and / or debit cards as another form of payment when traveling to India, because when using them the percentage charged by banks is usually lower than a cash exchange rate.
For example, you can pay hotel reservations, some restaurants, as well as boutiques or specialty stores. Therefore, it is advisable to carry two credit cards ( MasterCard, Visa or American Express ) and at least one debit card (for use abroad). In this sense, you can choose which payment option is more convenient and safe on your trip, so first make sure you can pay with cards and take advantage of the opportunity. Important! Always check what you pay to avoid overcharges on your card.
2. Preparation prior to travel
And all the requirements that required a time process are ready, everything is under way and the date of the trip is approaching, the only thing that remains is to pack to start your trip. Well … this is the decisive step that will determine your trip! Everything you will carry in your suitcase and bag is what you will have on hand when you are at your destination. For this reason, we summarize by items what you must organize before starting the trip.
About the documents:
Passport: original and photocopies of the passport, in addition to scanning it (digitize it) and uploading it to your email (preferably). In the process of the trip it is important to have the original passport at hand, either in your purse or handbag for the time of check-in at the airport. However, upon arrival of your destination it is recommended that the original passport (or stored in your room, if the hotel offers a safe in it) is kept in your suitcase and that you carry a photocopy with you.
- Visa: original and photocopies of the visa, although the “e-Visa” is electronic it is essential that you print it and carry it with your passport at the time of the check-up at the airport, just as you arrive it is important to take it with you saved with the passport.
- Travel insurance: original and photocopies of this certificate, usually have a validation code that you must show when you need it, upon your arrival it is important to take it with you along with your passport and visa.
- Vaccination card: original, photocopies and scan it preferably (digitize them). In most airports it is one of the requirements to be reviewed. That is why it is important to have the original vaccination card along with the other relevant documents, as well as on arrival, it is important to take it with you with your passport, visa and travel insurance.
- 4 × 4 HD photography : 4 photos at least of front and clear one-color background, although it is not mandatory. Any eventuality can be presented where you can use them to identify yourself. (Bring an extra if you are going to visit Blue Lassi Shop)
About money and cards:
- Money: there are many suggestions on how to save money and cards when you travel, the suggestions that are most effective is to use strategic locations, either a belt with a built-in purse that you always carry over or a hidden place in your suitcase to protect your money and cards.
- Cards: check if your cards have credit available, that is, that they are not close to exceeding the limit.
- Reservations: photocopies and scanning (digitize and upload to your email) of each reservation previously made in hotels and / or restaurants, which you can have on hand at the time of arrival at the destination.
About the clothing:
- Comfortable and adequate clothes : the clothes you wear will depend a lot on the season and the places you will go, which determines how appropriate and comfortable you will be. To choose what clothes you should pack, you must take into account these four aspects:
- Size of your suitcase
Other things to take into account:
- Basic medicines: prepare your basic kit in an airtight plastic case, this can be composed of: analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-diarrheal, antibiotics, disposable wipes, antibacterial gel, ointment and bandages. For more information, this link describes a list of medicines that are banned in India, http://www.aidcoc.in/pdf/Banned_Drugs_in_India.pdf .
- Creams: most of India is tropical and high temperature, so it is advisable to bring a sunscreen, and a cream / gel mosquito repellent.
- The cell phone: find out about the “Roaming” service offered by your phone, also when you get to India you can buy a SIM card from a mobile phone (a line) to enjoy internet, messaging and calls.
- Bottled water: you will not have to take it, but it is recommended that from your arrival you consume only bottled water, remember that your organism is as foreign as you and is not adapted to the water that is served regularly there, it is always better to avoid discomfort in the trips.
- Camera: Going to India and not capturing their beauty in photos is a crime. When you are there you will know how important it is to carry at least one camera phone. And if you have a semi-professional camera even better.
“When traveling, the best way to protect belongings is to be attentive”
3. Attitude before the Unexpected
“India is India”, it is impossible to enjoy all that this wonderful place can offer you, if you look at it under western expectations, everything you thought you knew about the world, will not be of any use when you experience this world of maharajas and maharanis. In addition, each place in this vast territory takes you to different experiences, a single trip however complete and long it is not enough to see all the beauty, depth and discrepancy that defines India.
The invitation is to:
- Look with naivety, enjoy the new and the unexpected.
- Listen to the stories that distinguish each place, the laughter of the people and nature itself.
- Feel your interior connecting with the whole and move to the most ancient and majestic of each story.
- Savor the diversity of exotic flavors that characterize this land.